The Malts Tour
4th – 9th October 2016
Aston Martin Sevenoaks is very pleased to invite you to join us on an autumn tour of the finest driving roads in Scotland. Along the way we will visit many of the famous whisky distilleries. The tour will take place as the autumn leaves fall and the Western Scotland roads are at their very best. We will also enjoy the famous Scottish hospitality in the selected hotels as the evening light fails, perhaps sampling a glass or two of the locally produced whisky before retiring. Total comfort and luxury is ensured!
Tuesday 4th October
Just north of the border in the picturesque town of Moffat we shall rendezvous at the Auchen castle Hotel for a Champagne welcome reception. Here we take dinner and will be joined by a local expert from the newly established Annandale Distillery who will talk a little about the industry.
Wednesday 5th October
Moffat to South Queensferry 70 miles (2hrs)
South Queensferry to Kinbuch 45miles (1hr)
The tour commences in earnest as we head north towards our evening destination of Andy Murray’s imposing hotel in Kinbuch. Lunch will be taken in South Queensferry against the backdrop of the Forth Bridge. As we near the Cromlix hotel, we have the option to spend an hour or so at the Tullibardine distillery near Blackford (just south of Gleneagles). Dinner this evening is in the Albert Roux restaurant at the hotel.
Thursday 6th October
Kinbuck to Fort William 142 miles (4hrs)
After a hearty Scottish breakfast, we leave to spend the night at Fort William. Today we will travel some of the most spectacular roads in Western Scotland, heading up through Aberfeldy so we can pass the 16 miles alongside Loch Tay. In the afternoon we head directly North through open roads to Glencoe, with the option to circumnavigate round Loch Leven, passing through Kinlochleven and North Ballachulish on to Fort William, as we experience stunning driving roads, flirting with ‘The Great Glen’ and hugging the coast. Tonight we dine and reside at the magnificent Inverlochy Castle beneath Ben Nevis. A jacket and tie are required for dinner.
Friday 7th October
Fort William to Machrihanish 132 miles 3 ½ hrs
Today after a sliver service breakfast, we head due south along the coast to Mull of Kintyre, taking in yet more superb driving roads alongside Loch Linnhe to Portnacroish. We cross Loch Creran at Creagan, then onto Oban down to Kilmartin, Lochgilphead and Tarbert and down to our coast side hotel in Machrihanish, but not before we stop at the Springbank Distillery in Cambeltown.
Saturday 8th October
Machrihanish to Loch Lomond 110 miles (3 ¼ hrs)
We head back up towards Glasgow heading north then east to our ‘Finale’ night at the fabulous Cameron House hotel on Loch Lomond. We follow the ‘lochside’ road for Inveraray, where we will stop for lunch. At Loch Lomond we are spoilt for choice as to which distillery to visit, names include Dewars, Bells, Dalwinnie, Auchentoshan and Loch Lomond. Tonight we enjoy dinner at the Michelin starred Martin Wishart created restaurant within our Hotel. Our magnificent hotel boasts an indoor pool and health spa.
Sunday 9th October
After one last ‘Scottish breakfast’ we depart south for our unfortunate return to normality
What is included?
- Five night’s accommodation in luxury hotels on a bed and breakfast basis
- Dinner on five of the evenings including wine
- Lunch on four days
- Three distillery visits including tastings
- Services of a tour manager
- £1995 per person based on two in a car sharing a room
Book this tour
Book by phone
Feel free to call our office and book this tour over the phone by calling 01483 281 282
Express interest and let us call you back by completing the form below.
Download the booking form by clicking HERE
Ready to book?
- It probably seems a long time ago for you now, but thank you so much for a brilliant event. Everything we could have hoped for and great fun. Will keep an eye on your events in future!
- Just a quick note to say a big thank you for all your help and organisation for our Italy trip. We have had some really positive feedback since everyone got back and I think they all had a really amazing time. You even managed to arrange an earthquake for the last night I believe!
- Want to tell you we returned ok and to thank you for an excellent trip, it exceeded my expectations and thought your organisation, eating establishments, events , hospitality, hotels etc. were excellent, a great crowd of people all which made the trip so enjoyable , you have a great formulae so congratulations. You can sign me up for next year I will drag Di to the next one and stay on the week afterwards.
- Just to say what a super time we had on the Angouleme tour and follow on trip.
- returned safely- Great event-Great Locations-Fantastic meals- Will tell all my Friends- Well done and best regards to you and Nick
- Just wanted to say thanks for the great organisation, we had a very good time at the event and it all ran very smoothly. You choices for Lunch and Dinner were great.
- Just a short note to personally thank you for your excellent organisation of the Spa Classic tour last weekend. I will certainly recommend your services to friends and hopefully join you on another tour in the future. Well done and thank you again.
- Just a short message to say very many thanks to Thomas and Nick for a fantastic trip to Angouleme for the races. Your organisation was faultless and we can honestly say that this was the best motoring trip we have ever participated in. The food, wine and accommodation was second to none and we made many new friends as well as meeting up with old acquaintances. We have been on quite a few motoring trips/rallies over the last few years, but this has to be the best so far. We hope to join you all again in 2014. Thank You once again.
- Thomas, A note to say thanks for a very enjoyable trip to Monaco. Great roads, good hotels, food, wine and company. See you on the next adventure! Best wishes
- Want to tell you we returned ok and to thank you for an excellent trip, it exceeded my expectations and thought your organisation, eating establishments, events , hospitality, hotels etc. were excellent, a great crowd of people all which made the trip so enjoyable , you have a great formulae so congratulations.