7th – 11th July 2016
Join the editorial staff on their biennial pilgrimage to la Sarthe for the amazing Le Mans Classic event. In 2016 the reader run will depart from Portsmouth for an overnight sailing on Thursday evening. Careful loading has been organised for you and your classic before meeting your fellow travellers for a drink on board. You have your own on board cabin reserved for you.
In France you can follow the d-road route supplied, keeping off the busier routes to Le Mans, a breakfast stop is planned after the early arrival into the port of Caen. Once in the area of Le Mans there is time to pick up supplies at the ‘supermarché’ before arriving at the Porsche Curves to set up your tent.
We have arranged a special trip out to the Hotel de France at la Chartre-sur-le-Loir, made famous by the John Wyer racing team who stayed there throughout the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. We will trace the route used by the Aston Martin DBR1’s and Ford GT40’s to and from the 24 hour race! We have also arranged a Q&A with a Le Mans personality during the weekend.
You have general entry, paddock and grandstand seats included as well as a parking pass to get you into the middle of circuit with the rest of the ‘club’ cars, getting that bit closer to the action.
- Return crossings with Brittany Ferries with cabin accommodation on the outward overnight sailing. Returning via Caen to Portsmouth via the afternoon sailing on Monday 11th
- Breakfast stop on first day in France
- Three nights private camping at Porsche Curves to include private showers and toilets. Includes 24 security.
- C&SC brunch at the famous Hotel de France
- Meet the race team at the track
- Fresh croissants delivered to the campsite on Saturday and Sunday morning’s.
- Race tickets to include general entry, paddock & grandstand
- Parking on the infield of the circuit with hospitality
- C&SC goody bag
£595 pp based on two travelling in a car.
If you prefer a roof over your head, speak to us about our hotel and B&B options.