Classic & Sportscar magazine – Le Mans Classic Reader run
7 – 11 July
Join the editorial staff on their biennial pilgrimage to la Sarthe for the amazing Le Mans Classic event. In 2016 the reader run will depart from Portsmouth for an overnight sailing on Thursday evening. Careful loading has been organised for you and your classic before meeting your fellow travellers for a drink on board. You have your own on board cabin reserved for you.
In France you can follow the d-road route supplied, keeping off the busier routes to Le Mans, a breakfast stop is planned after the early arrival into the port of Caen. Once in the area of Le Mans there is time to pick up supplies at the ‘supermarché’ before arriving at the Porsche Curves to set up your tent.
We have arranged a special trip out to the Hotel de France at la Chartre-sur-le-Loir, made famous by the John Wyer racing team who stayed there throughout the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. We will trace the route used by the Aston Martin DBR1’s and Ford GT40’s to and from the 24 hour race! We have also arranged a Q&A with a Le Mans personality during the weekend.
You have general entry, paddock and grandstand seats included as well as a parking pass to get you into the middle of circuit with the rest of the ‘club’ cars, getting that bit closer to the action.
Thursday 7th July
Check in at Portsmouth for an overnight sailing to France. You will meet your fellow travellers on board before retiring to your on board accommodation.
Friday 8th July
Upon arrival in France follow your roadbook route suggestions via the enjoyable and quieter d-roads down to Le Mans. There is time to pick up supplies at the ‘supermarché’ before arriving at the ‘Porsche Curves’ campsite. You can set up camp on your pitch in this private site which has it’s own toilets and showers.
Saturday 9th July
Fresh croissants will be bought to the campsite this morning. There is then a planned drive out to visit the famous Hotel de France, once used by the Aston Martin, GT40 and Mirage racing teams through the 50′, 60’s and 70’s. Here there will be coffee and brunch style refreshments supplied and a chance for a few photo opportunities before arriving back at the circuit for the start of the race. Your race tickets will be supplied to access the paddocks and grandstands.
Sunday 10th July
Once again fresh croissants will be bought to you this morning so you are set up to watch the rest of the racing. There will be a rendezvous point during the day to meet an ex Le Mans racer who is competing over the weekend.
Monday 11th July
Having packed up your equipment you head back to Caen for the afternoon ferry returning you to Portsmouth.
What is included?
- Return crossings with Brittany Ferries with cabin accommodation on the outward overnight sailing. Returning via Caen to Portsmouth via the afternoon sailing on Monday 11th
- Breakfast stop on first day in France
- Three nights private camping at Porsche Curves to include private showers and toilets. Includes 24 security.
- C&SC brunch at the famous Hotel de France
- Meet the race team at the track
- Fresh croissants delivered to the campsite on Saturday and Sunday morning’s.
- Race tickets to include general entry, paddock & grandstand
- Parking on the infield of the circuit with hospitality
- C&SC goody bag
- £595 per person bases on two in a car sharing a pitch
- £755 per person based on 1 person in a car
Book this tour
Book by phone
Feel free to call our office and book this tour over the phone by calling 01483 281 282
Express interest and let us call you back by completing the form below.
Download the booking form by clicking HERE
Ready to book?
- Want to tell you we returned ok and to thank you for an excellent trip, it exceeded my expectations and thought your organisation, eating establishments, events , hospitality, hotels etc. were excellent, a great crowd of people all which made the trip so enjoyable , you have a great formulae so congratulations. You can sign me up for next year I will drag Di to the next one and stay on the week afterwards.
- It probably seems a long time ago for you now, but thank you so much for a brilliant event. Everything we could have hoped for and great fun. Will keep an eye on your events in future!
- Thomas, A note to say thanks for a very enjoyable trip to Monaco. Great roads, good hotels, food, wine and company. See you on the next adventure! Best wishes
- Thanks for a great trip which we did enjoy and particular thanks for the handbag rescue...impressive running! You may quote us !
- Want to tell you we returned ok and to thank you for an excellent trip, it exceeded my expectations and thought your organisation, eating establishments, events , hospitality, hotels etc. were excellent, a great crowd of people all which made the trip so enjoyable , you have a great formulae so congratulations.
- Seems like we have been away for months, now back to reality! Just a quick note of thanks from Aly & myself for an amazing time, a brilliant event, the best of the weather and really good company.
- Just wanted to say thanks for the great organisation, we had a very good time at the event and it all ran very smoothly. You choices for Lunch and Dinner were great.
- I would also like to express my thanks to you for organising a great event which we all thoroughly enjoyed. Great event, location, food and good company too.
- returned safely- Great event-Great Locations-Fantastic meals- Will tell all my Friends- Well done and best regards to you and Nick
- Just a short note to personally thank you for your excellent organisation of the Spa Classic tour last weekend. I will certainly recommend your services to friends and hopefully join you on another tour in the future. Well done and thank you again.