COYS Auctions – Hotel de France tour
13 – 17 April 2016
Join Coys auctioneer and television personality Chris Routledge on an exclusive driving tour with like-minded enthusiasts. Visit the attractive Loir, Loire & la Sarthe regions of France. Stay at the spiritual Le Mans racing home of Aston Martin, Ford GT40, Porsche 917 and Mirage Ford taking. The tour will be accompanied by Maitland Cook, a Le Mans expert and ex member of the John Wyer race team.
Wednesday 13th April
Check in at Portsmouth for the 20.15 hrs overnight sailing to St Malo. Benefit from a priority loading line and welcome drinks reception on board. We will then meet for dinner in the ships a la carte restaurant.
Thursday 14th April
We tour down to a fabulous motor museum south of Rennes for a visit and then a chance to take your car out on the museums private race track. We then motor via pleasant d-roads to the Hotel de France to check-in and time to relax on the terrace before dinner.
Friday 15th April
After breakfast at the hotel we tour into the Loire valley for a boat tour down this beautiful river, passing the many Chateaux that line it. There will be a light lunch onboard. In the afternoon we head back to the hotel to relax before a wine tasting at the wine producer in la Chartre.
Saturday 16th April
Today we head up to Le Mans to trace the circuit, explore the museum and have a privileged tour of the Bugatti circuit for some priceless photo opportunities. This evening we have a private black tie dinner at the magnificent Chateau du Lude, the perfect way to round off a special stay in this region.
Sunday 17th April
A relaxed breakfast before the farewells. There is one last photo opportunity call in front of the hotel before we head North for Caen and our ferry journey home departing at 16.30 hrs arriving back into Portsmouth at 21.30 hrs.
What is included?
- Return sailing with Brittany Ferries with cabin accommodation on outward crossing
- Dedicated loading line, welcome drink and dinner outward crossing
- Track time and museum visit at Loheac
- Three nights accommodation at the Hotel de France on bed and breakfast basis
- Dinner at the hotel on two of the evenings including wine and coffee
- Soirée at Chateau du Lude including visit and dinner.
- Wine tasting in La Chartre-sur-le-Loir
- Loire visit
- Services of an experienced tour manager
- £1249 per person bases on two in a car sharing a rooms
- £1495 per person based on 1 person in a car and single occupancy
The Hotel de France faces the quiet, small and picturesque square of La Chartre-sur-le-Loir, and represents all the old traditions and values of French hospitality, cooking and comfort that used to be the norm. The hotel has an attractive garden and heated swimming pool which face onto the Loir itself. The bedrooms have been recently renovated to a sophisticated and high standard.
For lovers of motor racing and period cars, it is perhaps the most famous motoring hotel in France. Soak up the atmosphere, enjoy the breath taking Le Mans 24 Hour race history and personalities displayed throughout the hotel and illustrating the racing heritage that includes four outright winners at the 24 Hour Race.
Those who appreciate good wine will be pleased to know that the hotel is in the centre of the Vallée du Loir region, with such well known wines as Jasnières and Coteaux du Loir, both of which will be sampled!
Book this tour
Book by phone
Feel free to call our office and book this tour over the phone by calling 01483 281 282
Express interest and let us call you back by completing the form below.
Download the booking form by clicking HERE
Ready to book?
- Just a quick note to say a big thank you for all your help and organisation for our Italy trip. We have had some really positive feedback since everyone got back and I think they all had a really amazing time. You even managed to arrange an earthquake for the last night I believe!
- returned safely- Great event-Great Locations-Fantastic meals- Will tell all my Friends- Well done and best regards to you and Nick
- Just a short message to say very many thanks to Thomas and Nick for a fantastic trip to Angouleme for the races. Your organisation was faultless and we can honestly say that this was the best motoring trip we have ever participated in. The food, wine and accommodation was second to none and we made many new friends as well as meeting up with old acquaintances. We have been on quite a few motoring trips/rallies over the last few years, but this has to be the best so far. We hope to join you all again in 2014. Thank You once again.
- I would also like to express my thanks to you for organising a great event which we all thoroughly enjoyed. Great event, location, food and good company too.
- Thanks for a great trip which we did enjoy and particular thanks for the handbag rescue...impressive running! You may quote us !
- Just to say what a super time we had on the Angouleme tour and follow on trip.
- Thomas, A note to say thanks for a very enjoyable trip to Monaco. Great roads, good hotels, food, wine and company. See you on the next adventure! Best wishes
- It probably seems a long time ago for you now, but thank you so much for a brilliant event. Everything we could have hoped for and great fun. Will keep an eye on your events in future!
- Just wanted to say thanks for the great organisation, we had a very good time at the event and it all ran very smoothly. You choices for Lunch and Dinner were great.
- Want to tell you we returned ok and to thank you for an excellent trip, it exceeded my expectations and thought your organisation, eating establishments, events , hospitality, hotels etc. were excellent, a great crowd of people all which made the trip so enjoyable , you have a great formulae so congratulations.