Emblem Sports Cars tour
8th – 12th June
Following on from the success of the previous two Emblem sports cars tours we are pleased to announce the ‘2016 Hotel de France tour’. This is a tour designed for car enthusiasts looking for an opportunity to visit this attractive area of France, and stay at the spiritual Le Mans racing home of Aston Martin, Ford GT40, Porsche 917 and Mirage Ford taking in the best to be seen and experienced in the Loir, Loire and La Sarthe regions on this Emblem supported four day tour.
You have the benefit of three nights in the hotel, so you have time to unpack, relax and return to this delightful location each day. You will be able to visit Le Mans, the 24 hr race museum and enjoy the beautiful empty country roads in the surrounding areas. We will take in the magnificent chateaux on the Loire, and enjoy a tasting at the local vineyard on Friday night.
Wednesday 8th June
Check in at 19.00hrs for the 20.15hrs overnight sailing from Portsmouth to St Malo. We have arranged a dedicated loading line to
ensure extra care is taken as you board. To kick the evening off with a swing we have a private room for welcome cocktails before
dinner in the ships acclaimed restaurant.
Thursday 9th June
The ferry is scheduled to arrive at 08.30hrs. We will proceed to the automobile museum at Loheac for coffee and a tour of this
eclectic collection of over 400 vehicles from F1 cars to amphibious vehicles. After the tour and some lunch we will follow
the planned scenic route to the Hotel in La Chartre for check in, drinks and dinner.
Friday 10th June
We offer a day based on the racing history of the Hotel de France & the Le Mans 24 Hour Race. We leave the hotel at 10am and follow the route used by the team cars driving to the circuit. On arrival we will be given a guided visit of the museum followed by two
laps of the circuit in your car with photo opportunities under the famous Dunlop bridge.
This evening we board the hotel’s historic Citroen ‘H’ van to be transported to the local ‘cave’ for a wine visit and tasting.
Following this we are returned to the hotel for dinner with our fascinating guest speaker – Le Mans veteran Maitland Cook.
Saturday 11th June
Following a delicious breakfast at the hotel,we have a picturesque route planned for you down to the Loire river via a pleasant
coffee stop. We then board our boat which will take us on a cruise down ‘La Loire’. We will have a light lunch on board. From here
we head back up to the hotel to relax for the rest of the afternoon.
This evening we don our finery and head out (by coach) to the private Chateau le Lude, where we will be met by the Count and
Countess de Nicolay. The ‘vouvray’ corks will already be popped and with glasses charged we have a guided tour of the chateau.
Following the tour we enter the dining room where our table is ready for the finale dinner. This evening we will be collected and
returned to the hotel.
Sunday 12th June
A relaxed breakfast before the farewells. There is one last photo opportunity in front of the chateau le Lude before we head
North for Caen and our ferry journey home Departing at 16.30 hrs we arrive back into Portsmouth at 21.30 hrs.
Alternatively, speak to us about extending your stay in France.
What is included?
- Return sailing with Brittany Ferries, cabin and dinner each way
- 3 nights at the Hotel de France on a half board basis
- Farewell private dinner at Chateau inc wine
- Chateau bus transfers
- Museum entry
- Museum entry and karting at Le Mans circuit
- Boat cruise and lunch
- Accompanied by an experienced tour manager and Emblem support
- £1245 per person based on two in a car sharing a room
Book this tour
Book by phone
Feel free to call our office and book this tour over the phone by calling 01483 281 282
Express interest and let us call you back by completing the form below.
Download the booking form by clicking HERE
Ready to book?
- Just a short message to say very many thanks to Thomas and Nick for a fantastic trip to Angouleme for the races. Your organisation was faultless and we can honestly say that this was the best motoring trip we have ever participated in. The food, wine and accommodation was second to none and we made many new friends as well as meeting up with old acquaintances. We have been on quite a few motoring trips/rallies over the last few years, but this has to be the best so far. We hope to join you all again in 2014. Thank You once again.
- returned safely- Great event-Great Locations-Fantastic meals- Will tell all my Friends- Well done and best regards to you and Nick
- Just to say what a super time we had on the Angouleme tour and follow on trip.
- Just wanted to say thanks for the great organisation, we had a very good time at the event and it all ran very smoothly. You choices for Lunch and Dinner were great.
- Want to tell you we returned ok and to thank you for an excellent trip, it exceeded my expectations and thought your organisation, eating establishments, events , hospitality, hotels etc. were excellent, a great crowd of people all which made the trip so enjoyable , you have a great formulae so congratulations.
- Just a short note to personally thank you for your excellent organisation of the Spa Classic tour last weekend. I will certainly recommend your services to friends and hopefully join you on another tour in the future. Well done and thank you again.
- Want to tell you we returned ok and to thank you for an excellent trip, it exceeded my expectations and thought your organisation, eating establishments, events , hospitality, hotels etc. were excellent, a great crowd of people all which made the trip so enjoyable , you have a great formulae so congratulations. You can sign me up for next year I will drag Di to the next one and stay on the week afterwards.
- Thomas, A note to say thanks for a very enjoyable trip to Monaco. Great roads, good hotels, food, wine and company. See you on the next adventure! Best wishes
- Hannah and I had a great time with you all at Classic Le Mans. La Beuneche was just the most perfect retreat from the (wonderful) aural barrage of the track, and with your know how, contacts and great company it made a great and memorable trip.
- I would also like to express my thanks to you for organising a great event which we all thoroughly enjoyed. Great event, location, food and good company too.