County Club Charity Rally
21st – 24th April 2016
Following the success of last year’s County club rally we thought we should head off to the continent for more of the same…..albeit with a slightly different route!
Thursday 21st April
The flag will drop this afternoon as we are waved off from Guildford High street by our Mayor. The next rendezvous will be our overnight stop at the port of Dover. We stay at the Premier Inn on the sea front and have the run of Dover this evening!
Friday 22nd April
Our ferry departs for Calais at 9 am! Once in France we high tail it straight into the heart of Reims in Champagne country. With the cars all parked up you will be handed your task list to complete. The reward for it’s completion will come in the shape of a bottle, makes a popping noise and fizzes.
Dinner and drinking will ensue into the evening. We stay in the superb Hotel de la Paix in the centre of Reims this evening.
Saturday 23rd April
The whip won’t be cracked quite as hard this morning as we have just a mere 200 mile journey to Ypres. There will be various war related tasks to complete before convening for the (very moving) last post ceremony at the Menin gate. There will be war themed tasks to complete which will take you round the surrounding area, fascinating as it is moving.
Once again dinner and drinking will ensue…..! Our overnight hotel is the Flanders Lodge not far from the centre of Ypres.
Sunday 24th April
We have a relaxed morning to drive the 100 mile drive back to our favourite lunch stop in Calais before boarding the boat home.
What is included?
- Three night’s accommodation on B+B
- Return ferry crossings with P&O
- Champagne visit and tasting
- Roadbook and information
- Services of a tour manager
- £345 per person bases on two in a car and sharing
- £495 per person based on 1 person in a car and single occupancy
Each club member is required to raise a minimum of £250 each for the chosen charity, which this year is Guildford Street Angels
Book this tour
Book by phone
Feel free to call our office and book this tour over the phone by calling 01483 281 282
Express interest and let us call you back by completing the form below.
Download the booking form by clicking HERE
Ready to book?
- Thanks for a great trip which we did enjoy and particular thanks for the handbag rescue...impressive running! You may quote us !
- Seems like we have been away for months, now back to reality! Just a quick note of thanks from Aly & myself for an amazing time, a brilliant event, the best of the weather and really good company.
- It probably seems a long time ago for you now, but thank you so much for a brilliant event. Everything we could have hoped for and great fun. Will keep an eye on your events in future!
- Want to tell you we returned ok and to thank you for an excellent trip, it exceeded my expectations and thought your organisation, eating establishments, events , hospitality, hotels etc. were excellent, a great crowd of people all which made the trip so enjoyable , you have a great formulae so congratulations. You can sign me up for next year I will drag Di to the next one and stay on the week afterwards.
- Just to say what a super time we had on the Angouleme tour and follow on trip.
- Hannah and I had a great time with you all at Classic Le Mans. La Beuneche was just the most perfect retreat from the (wonderful) aural barrage of the track, and with your know how, contacts and great company it made a great and memorable trip.
- Just a quick note to say a big thank you for all your help and organisation for our Italy trip. We have had some really positive feedback since everyone got back and I think they all had a really amazing time. You even managed to arrange an earthquake for the last night I believe!
- returned safely- Great event-Great Locations-Fantastic meals- Will tell all my Friends- Well done and best regards to you and Nick
- I would also like to express my thanks to you for organising a great event which we all thoroughly enjoyed. Great event, location, food and good company too.
- Thomas, A note to say thanks for a very enjoyable trip to Monaco. Great roads, good hotels, food, wine and company. See you on the next adventure! Best wishes