The ultimate European drive with Derek Bell
For classic car enthusiasts, the Spa Classic in Belgium needs no introduction. Nor does Derek Bell, one of the truly great names of motor sport whose company you will enjoy this on itinerary next spring. You will also be joined by the Telegraph’s classic car specialist Paul Hudson on this thoughtful itinerary, which is completely exclusive to our readers.
It will also include the chance to drive the famed F1 circuit at Spa-Francorchamps and the infamous Nordschleife at the Nurburgring – described by Paul as “one of the most challenging stretches of tarmac in the world”. Both circuits are set in spectacular scenery and are a must-visit because of their links to the world’s greatest racing drivers.
Staying in a high standard of accommodation throughout, you will travel on routes carefully selected for their scenery throughout as you drive on to Stuttgart in Germany. Here we stop at the Porsche factory and its fascinating museum, where we gain unrivalled access in the company of Derek, who took four of his five Le Mans 24 Hours victories as a works Porsche driver. This promises to be a superb journey in the company of fellow enthusiasts.
Friday 19th May 2017
The tour starts at Folkestone for an early morning Eurotunnel and drive to Spa. On arrival at the circuit there will be time for refreshments, before we take to the track for the first of our parade lap sessions of the full Spa-Francorchamps circuit that afternoon. Over the weekend we stay at the Radisson Blu in the centre of Spa – dinner this evening will be at an Auberge opposite our hotel.
Saturday 20th May
After breakfast we proceed up to the track for morning parade lap sessions. We have lunch in the drivers club and the afternoon to watch the racing. Racing continues on until 10pm and you are free to enjoy the action as you wish.
Sunday 21st May
This morning we check out of the Radisson and tackle the famous Spa circuit for the final time. There is time to explore the paddocks which are filled with priceless race cars, after which we head over to Nurburg (2 hour drive). We stay at a trackside hotel for the next two evenings.
Monday 22nd May
This morning we have the opportunity to drive the Nordschleife circuit and take a hot lap in the BMW ring taxi’s. Second night at Nurburgring with dinner at Top Gear presenter Sabine Schmitz family restaurant!
Tuesday 23rd May
Today we hit the Autobahns and head over to Stuttgart for Porsche factory visit. We hope our host ex Porsche works driver – Mr Bell’s presence might open a few extra doors too! We overnight in Stuttgart.
Wednesday 24th May
We spend a second day and night in Stuttgart to enjoy the area and put on a few extra surprises.
Thursday 25th May
Our penultimate day see’s a picturesque drive through Black Forrest for final night stay in a historic Fort near Sedan.
Friday 26th May
Make your way back to Calais for a Flexiplus Eurotunnel crossing of your choice.
What is included?
- Return Flexiplus crossings with Eurotunnel
- Seven nights hotel accommodation on B+B
- Secure parking throughout
- Spa Classic race tickets
- Three parade lap sessions on full Spa circuit
- Lap of Nordschleife and ‘Ringtaxi’
- Drivers club at Spa
- Dinner on six of the evenings with wine included
- Porsche factory access
- Company of Derek Bell
- Accompanied by an experienced tour manager
- £2995 per person based on two in a car sharing a twin/double room
- £825 per person single room supplement
Book this tour
Book by phone
Feel free to call our office and book this tour over the phone by calling 01483 281 282
Express interest and let us call you back by completing the form below.
Download the booking form by clicking HERE
Ready to book?
- returned safely- Great event-Great Locations-Fantastic meals- Will tell all my Friends- Well done and best regards to you and Nick
- It probably seems a long time ago for you now, but thank you so much for a brilliant event. Everything we could have hoped for and great fun. Will keep an eye on your events in future!
- Just to say what a super time we had on the Angouleme tour and follow on trip.
- Just a short note to personally thank you for your excellent organisation of the Spa Classic tour last weekend. I will certainly recommend your services to friends and hopefully join you on another tour in the future. Well done and thank you again.
- Just a short message to say very many thanks to Thomas and Nick for a fantastic trip to Angouleme for the races. Your organisation was faultless and we can honestly say that this was the best motoring trip we have ever participated in. The food, wine and accommodation was second to none and we made many new friends as well as meeting up with old acquaintances. We have been on quite a few motoring trips/rallies over the last few years, but this has to be the best so far. We hope to join you all again in 2014. Thank You once again.
- Just wanted to say thanks for the great organisation, we had a very good time at the event and it all ran very smoothly. You choices for Lunch and Dinner were great.
- Want to tell you we returned ok and to thank you for an excellent trip, it exceeded my expectations and thought your organisation, eating establishments, events , hospitality, hotels etc. were excellent, a great crowd of people all which made the trip so enjoyable , you have a great formulae so congratulations. You can sign me up for next year I will drag Di to the next one and stay on the week afterwards.
- Thanks for a great trip which we did enjoy and particular thanks for the handbag rescue...impressive running! You may quote us !
- Seems like we have been away for months, now back to reality! Just a quick note of thanks from Aly & myself for an amazing time, a brilliant event, the best of the weather and really good company.
- I would also like to express my thanks to you for organising a great event which we all thoroughly enjoyed. Great event, location, food and good company too.